Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Fearless Catholic

So, how does a Catholic convert who has discovered the TLM handle herself? First, a little bit of a recent interview, and then watch Ann Barnhardt's viral video below.

 iOTW: How devout are you in your faith?

Ann – Hmmm. How does one answer that without falling into massive false pride? I am a convert to Catholicism after years of study and logical, reasoned thought – which is NOT a sin, by the way, no matter what that nun with the six dollar crewcut told you. Beyond that, it only took me a year to find the pre-Vatican II Tridentine Latin Mass. If I had to guess where this bizarre strength and total lack of fear is coming from, I would have to guess that it is from my assisting (such as it is) at the sublime, holy Tridentine Mass. Internally and in my relationship with Christ I am admittedly a near-total disaster. I reckon He looks at me and just shakes His head. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment